Entrepreneurs and startups will compete in a boxing ring. Get in the Ring comes to Portugal!
The startups competition Get in the Ring is coming to Portugal, through Cascais. The startups will have the opportunity to compete globaly against thousands of startups, to win prizes, to win exposure and to connect themselves with investors, top businessmen and specialists of their sector. This innovative format puts entrepreneurs face to face in a ring, in a battle for the best pitch. The Portuguese edition will be held on March 27th in Cascais, being organized and promoted by DNA Cascais.
The winners of Get in the Ring Cascais will have the opportunity to compete globally in the grand finale, which will be held on May 2017 in Singapore. The use of presentation support will not be allowed. It’s a one-on-one “battle” between two startups. There will be 5 rounds, which will end with the moment of Q&A as well as a vote for the winner, chosen by both the juries of the competition and the audience. Firstly, the entrepreneurs will make a quick introduction and then, in the 30 seconds of each round, the participants will have to talk about the following themes:
- Business model & market
- Financials & proposition
- Freestyle (model, in which entrepreneurs can promote their business in a free way)
Advantages of participating:
- Gaining attention of investors, companies, top businessmen and specialists involved
- International exhibition and a global network which will be present in 100 countries
- The opportunity of participating in an exciting initiative, with great potential, where entrepreneurs will receive feedback and mentoring of experts of their own sector of activity
Can you imagine yourself, standing in the ring, battling head-to-head, making new fans? Do you meet the requirements below? Then you’re good to go!
- Innovative and scalable business idea/model
- Launched less than 8 years ago
- Pitch fluently in English
More information and applications here: gitr.co/cascais
About Get in the Ring:
Get in the Ring Foundation is an organization which gives startups global exposure through a fun and innovative format. Its goal is to gain a network, in order to start, develop and, finally, expand business. The Foundation is present in more than 100 countries and works with leaders of entrepreneurial ecosystems worldwide. Get in the Ring is known by its innovative format, where startups will challenge one another in a boxing ring. A battle between 2 startups consists of 5 rounds lasting 30 seconds, which involves issues such as team, achieved results and business model.